Collection and Use of Information
We may collect several types of information from and about Users of our Services, including without limitation, information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal/mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, username, password, pictures, other contextual information (e.g., motivation for using our Services) and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic information (e.g., gender or occupation), or group membership;
· About your internet connection and the equipment and/or devices you use to access our Services, including without limitation geolocation information, operating and browser systems, battery level, signal strength, app version, network, and identifier information (e.g., unique device ID and IP address);
· About your activity on our Services, including transaction-related usage details, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes your activity data (including how you use our Services, your settings on the Services, how you interact with others Users of our Services, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities and interactions), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports. This also includes information about when you created your account in connection with the Services, installed our Application and/or accessed the Website, whether you are online, when you last used our Services, when you last updated your information, and the features you use (e.g., reading or marking verses, messaging, or group participation);
· Provided when you contact us for help; and
· That is about others, including non-Users (e.g., contact information from address books).
We may collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us via the Services.
· Automatically as you install, access or use our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details (including error-related data), IP addresses, GPS and/or Bluetooth technology, and information collected through web beacons, internet and/or wi-fi access points, cell towers, and other tracking technologies.
· Through web beacons, clear gifs, tags, or other technologies to gather information on how users interact with and utilize various features. These technologies can help personalize your usage experience and help associate your interactions with our products and services to other information within your account. For example, these technologies can identify popular pages, viewing patterns, click-through, conversion rates, and other information that can be used to improve, monitor, and operate our websites, products, and services.
· From third-parties. We may receive information about you from other Users and businesses. For example, when other Users or businesses you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number, name, and other information (like information from their address books), just as you may provide theirs, or they may send you a message or send messages to groups to which you belong. Additionally, we may work with third-party service providers to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. These companies may provide us information about you in certain circumstances, for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix issues.
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To help Ministries engage and connect with Users.
· To provide and improve our Services, including to support Carry Bible’s efforts to generate useful analytic data, and identify flaws in, and useful features for, the Services.
· To present our Services and their contents to you and other Users.
· To better understand your needs and interests, and to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To help you organize how you communicate with other Users (e.g., identify your contacts who are also Users, suggestions for groups to join or create, etc.)
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information.
· To provide you with notices about your account.
· To notify you about changes to our Services, including important information, required notices, and marketing promotions.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and Application.
· To determine whether there are any risks to the rights, property or personal safety of Carry Bible and its Users (including to protect against potential spam, malware or other security concerns);
· To comply with legal obligations.
· For research and development purposes.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide such information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the Application located in the account settings within the Application or in your device settings.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with third parties. Our commitment to you is we will aim to disclose such information only if we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary for the following purposes:
· To comply with applicable law or regulations, government requests, and legal processes;
· To detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues;
· To protect the rights, property, and safety of our Users or others, including to prevent death or imminent bodily harm;
· To support our business, including to facilitate the provision of our Services and analytics related to our Services, provided, that the information shall only be disclosed to our service providers, including third-party companies and individuals who work on our behalf, and only when such parties have or have agreed to use data protections at least as strong as the obligations set forth in this Policy;
· To market third-party products or services to you;
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provided such information (e.g., if you give us an email address of a friend to send a link to download the Application to such friend, we may transmit your name and/or email address in connection with the download link); and
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We use Mixpanel, Inc. and Segment.io, Inc. to collect and process certain analytics data and to understand how our customers use our Services. For greater detail on how these technologies function and how your activity records are used, please review the Mixpanel, Inc. and Segment.io analytics privacy disclosures at https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/ and https://segment.com/docs/legal/privacy/. You can opt-out of Mixpanel Analytics here: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000679006-Managing-Personal-Information#optout-users. You can opt-out of Segment.io Analytics here: https://segment.com/docs/legal/website-data-collection-policy/#how-do-we-collect-data-on-our-website-.
Social Media Integration
Our Services may include the option of integration through third party social networking sites and related social media plug-ins or applications. When you integrate or link our Services with your social media applications (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), you authorize us to have access to certain information from your social media profile (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, location, your list of friends, their contact information, comments, etc.) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the integrated application. We may also obtain non-personally identifiable information (e.g., content viewed, advertising viewed, etc.) from your interaction with our integrated content.
Protection of Information
We value your trust in providing us your information and we take reasonable steps to protect such information provided via the Services from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to user information to authorized service providers who need to know such information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for the information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches, and no method of electronic transmission or electronic storage is ever fully secure or error free.
If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective measures, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our Services.
Data Retention Policy
When you visit and use our Services, the information that is collected may be retained on our servers. Please note that some or all of such information may be required in order for the Application to function properly or for you to use certain features on the Website. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed for you to engage with the Services and for a reasonable time thereafter, and for compliance with our legal obligations.
Consistent with the above, we will work to delete your information as soon as practicable upon our receipt of your request to do so. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion. We may also keep copies of certain data for our own records, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
The Company requires its Users to be at least 13 years of age. The Company does not knowingly collect information from individuals under such age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any information through the Services or any of its features. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
In addition, by using the Services, you accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and represent that you have either reached the age of “majority” where you live or your parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound by this Policy on your behalf. If you do not know whether you have reached the age of majority where you live, or do not understand this section, please ask you parent or legal guardian for help. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor, you and the minor accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and are responsible for all use of the Services, including purchases, whether the minor’s account is now open or created later.
Our Services may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by us. If you interact with a third-party link found within any of the Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note, we have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Management of Information
We are committed to transparency, and we want to help our Users manage the information that we may have about them or their use of our Services. If you would like to manage, change, or delete your information, please use the following mechanisms:
· Settings. You can change your settings on the Application to manage certain information. There are options to manage your contacts, groups, and messaging features, as well as a block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
· Profile. You can update any personal information you provide to us on the Application at any time, including your mobile phone number, name, picture, and any other user-completed fields.
· Delete Account. You may delete your Carry Bible account at any time. When you delete your account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate, provide, and protect our Services. Please remember that when you delete your account, you revoke your consent to our further collection and dissemination of your information, but any information we have already collected may be subject to the Company’s existing data retention policies and procedures.
· Uninstall Application. You may uninstall and delete the Application at any time using the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Please remember that when you uninstall and delete the Application, you revoke your consent to our further collection and dissemination of your information, but any information we have already collected may be subject to the Company’s existing data retention policies and procedures.
· Permissions. If you do not consent to this Policy or our information collection and usage practices, you are not permitted to access or use the Services, including the Website.
· Email. All contact information for our team is in Section 11 below. You may email our team to update, correct, delete or deactivate any information that you have provided to us or that you reasonably believe we have obtained, and we will process your request within a reasonable timeframe or as required by law. If required by applicable law, we will provide you with the details of the personal information that we hold about you in CSV format or other easily readable machine format, upon your written request. If required by applicable law and if technically feasible, we will transfer such personal information to another third party, upon your written request.
Changes to the Policy
This Policy may change from time to time. We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time without prior notice. We advise you to review this Policy periodically to check for any changes. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. Your continued use of the Services after any changes or revisions to this Policy shall indicate your agreement with the terms of such revised Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices, please contact us at email@example.com
Last Updated: June 16, 2022
For California Residents, tap here to see our Carry Bible Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For EU and UK Residents, tap here to see our Carry Bible Privacy Notice for EU and UK Residents