In today’s video I’m going to show you how start your first online Bible study group in Carry, step-by-step. Let’s get started!
What is a Carry Bible study group?
A Carry Bible study group is a space where your members of your online ministry to stay connected, study the Bible together & grow closer to God in community, every day of the week in the Carry app. Without online groups, your online ministry will struggle to create strong community for your members - leading to low and engagement, and often to members leaving. So let’s jump right in on.
How to start a Bible study group in Carry
The first step is to starting your group is to create a study. The study is what your group members will read, discuss & engage with together, throughout the week in the app.
- To do that, go to the Carry homepage at www.carrybible.com
- From here, I can use this tool to turn a youtube sermon into a 7-day Bible study - based on the themes and topics in that sermon.
- To do that, I simply find the youtube link to the my churches most recent sermon (or another churches sermon that I like).
- Then click on the 'Share' button → copy the link of that sermon → and paste that link in the field on the homepage of Carry. I then tap “Create 7-day study”.
Next, How to access your 7-day Bible study group
Great! Carry is now turning that video into a 7-day Bible study group ✨
- To access your Bible study - you’ll start by entering your email here. Carry will then notify you when it’s completed processing. This only takes 3-5 minutes - so keep an eye on your inbox.
- After a few minutes have passed, go to your inbox & click on the email from Carry.
- From here, click on “Access my Bible study” button at the bottom of the email. This will take you a simple login page. From here, enter your email address. Carry will then send you a short 4-digit pin which you will use to login - you can find that by going to your email, grabbing your pin, and then pasting it here. You’re logged in!
- Let’s checkout out study! Do that by tapping on the “view study” button, here.
- From this page you can see a full overview of your 7-day Bible study group and what you will be studying in the Carry app each day. Here you can see the title of the day, the passages you’ll read together, and the discussion questions you’ll chat about in the app.
How to invite members to your Carry group
Carry groups are designed to be experienced in community. So we’ve made it easy to invite members to your group via social media or directly with your group link.
- To invite members to your group via social media, share your study video - this is a unique video built just for your group! It shows what you’re studying it each day & how to join the group at the end of the video. To share this video to your social media pages, simply tap on “send via message” or “download video” to get the video. From here you can go to facebook.com, instagram.com or tiktok.com to share your video.
- To invite your members directly, you can send your unique group link & unique group invite code to members on any social platform. Tap on the “share group link” button here, select the platform, and tap send!
And that’s how to start a Bible study group in Carry! In the next video, I’ll show you step-by-step how to join your Carry group using the link we shared - so you can start participating in discussions and Bible studies with your fellow members.